Peter Obi Never Commented On New National Anthem – Media Team 🎊 The Scoper Media

The Peter Obi Media Reach, POMR, has reacted to a report circulating on the social media that the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, condemned the expenditure on the new National Anthem.

The story claimed that the sum of N814 billion was spent on the National Anthem by the Federal Government and that it had attracted criticism from Nigerians including Peter Obi.

However, reacting to the report on Sunday, POMR says it wishes to state clearly that while Peter Obi had been critical of wasteful spending of public funds, he has not said a word directly or indirectly on the new national anthem.

β€œMost of OBI’s statements are based on verifiable facts and he never embarked on frivolous remarks,” a statement signed Yunusa Tanko
POMR spokesman, said.

POMR said it had been made aware of some hirelings whose assignment is to push out funny statements and attribute them to Obi, in a bid to discredit his laudable views on national issues.

β€œWe therefore wish to alert the general public, especially media houses, to be wary and watch out for such induced materials. Peter OBI’s media office can always be reached for any clarifications,” the statement added