A yet-to-be-identified male guest has died after vomiting blood in the toilet of a popular hotel along the Ughelli axis, East-West Road, in the Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.

  It was gathered that the victim died in one of the hotel toilets around 2 pm on Sunday and his corpse was removed by his family around 8 pm the same day.

  The circumstances leading to the death were still unclear as of the time of filing this report.

  A source, who claimed to be an eyewitness, alleged that the deceased was a guest at the hotel for over six months before his death.

  “He might have died of food poisoning or drug overdose,” the source added.

  The management of the hotel, however, denied claims that the victim was poisoned, saying he died from tuberculosis..

  The hotel also insisted that the guest did not lodge in the hotel, but only attended a wedding reception at the hall on the premises.

  The general manager of the hotel, who identified himself simply as Samuel, told journalists that the hotel was operated by management different from those in charge of the hall.

  He said, “The family confirmed that the guy had tuberculosis and that his death was as a result of his health issues.

  “The police from the Ughelli ‘A’ Division were contacted immediately. They came and even took shots of the scene, the bloodstains on the floor of the hall, and the toilet where he died. The family came to collect his remains and confirmed to us that he was a tuberculosis patient.

  “It was in the process of the wedding that he started coughing. Many Ughelli people were there and they can confirm that it was not in the hotel but at the party.

  “The police came because we invited them to come and do their investigations.  The guy was vomiting blood very close to the DJ inside the hall. The bag he (deceased) was carrying, there was blood inside of it.”

  The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bright Edafe, denied knowledge of the incident.

  He said, “The command is not in receipt of such a report as it did not come to the police. After findings, we were not able to confirm it.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *