Kidney enlargement or swelling is known as hydronephrosis and it happens when the kidneys swell up usually in response to some other conditions. People who have swollen kidneys notice certain symptoms that may seem to be due to minor health problems.
So in this article in line with a publication on Healthline, we are going to have a look at some of the signs of swollen kidneys and the causes that should not be taken for granted. There are several signs that come with having kidney related issues and we will be examining most of them.
These Are The Signs Of Kidney Enlargement Or Hydronephrosis?
1. Constant pain in the back or side usually on one side. This pain may be severe or sudden or even a dull ache or pain that comes and goes overtime. Kidney Enlargement related pain often get worse after a person takes or drinks alot of fluid.
2. You may also notice some other symptoms that are related to that of a urinary tract infection. Some of the signs are; needing to pee more often, experiencing pain or burning Sensation while urinating and feeling unusually tired and generally unwell.
3. Urinating less often than you used to even with more fluid intake or having a weaker than normal urinary stream.
4. Blood in the urine is very common with kidney related issues and should not be taken for granted.
Interrupting the flow of urine increases your chances of getting a urinary tract infection (UTI). This is why UTIs are one of the most common complications of hydronephrosis. Some signs of a UTI include:
- cloudy urine
- painful urination
- burning with urination
- a weak urine stream
- back pain
- bladder pain
- a fever
These Are The Causes Of Kidney Enlargement?👇👇👇👇👇👇
1. Kidney stones
3. An enlarged prostate gland in men.
4. Some types of cancer which includes kidney cancer, bladder cancer or prostate cancer
5..Tumors in or near the ureter
- 6..A narrowing of the ureter from an injury or birth defect