.Students Panic As Fire Razes Shops At Veritas University Hostel ~ The Scoper Media

  Students of Veritas University Abuja were shaken by the occurrence of a fire outbreak that razed shops in the male hostel area on Saturday morning.

  The Veritas University Public Relation Officer, Evelyn Obekpa confirmed the incident to newsmen on Saturday, saying that the institution received a distress call in the early hours reporting the fire outbreak.

  Five make-shift shops within the university campus were affected in a fire-out break at about 1:00 AM today, Saturday, 5th February 2022.

  “Those shops are mostly kitchens operated by food vendors within the university. The extent of the damage is yet to be ascertained.

  The makeshifts are on the way that leads to the boys hostel, and among the shops affected is one that belongs to a bean cake seller,” the school rep said.

  The fire outbreak caused panic among students of the university

  A student of the university said that the fire on the campus located in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory was caused by a malfunction of the school generator.

  He said, “The hostel didn’t get burnt all the shops around the area were burnt. They sell food items, drinks, and provisions in those shops. Students tried to put out the fire before the arrival of the firefighters.

  “The fire was actually caused by sparks from the school’s generating set. The generating set’s house exploded and the fire caught the first shop that was close to it before spreading to the others. Now all that is left is just debris and all the shop owners are weeping and counting their losses.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *